Thursday, July 9, 2009

Random Shots

As I am having trouble downloading the newer pictures from my camera to my computer, I thought I would post some random shots until I can access the newer ones,( probably this weekend).

Another memorial to the gold prospectors, this one in Dawson City, YT




















A great restored building in Dawson City.



















Dawson City restored this old paddle wheel boat and use it for tours. I wonder what they do with it during the winter when everything is coated in ice.















Dawson City General store; as everywhere we went, the people here were very friendly.















Entering Dawson City and a time warp, taking us back to the gold rush era.














Great scenery along the Klondike Highway.
















Also along the Klondike Highway. If you look at the bottom left 1/4 of the picture, you can see standing water covered with moss. Whenever we would stop along any road near water like this, the mosquitoes would attack en masse. I had heard stories about them before we came up here, but words just didn't do it justice.














We saw so many views like this, it got to be a problem to remember all of them. This one was along the Klondike Highway, from Whitehorse, YT to Dawson City, YT (I think).















If this picture were at all viewable, you would see a moose swimming across a small lake. He headed across to get to several other Moose that were standing around a meadow.














This is a state run fuel station in one of the many federal parks we drove through in Canada. The design place fit into the atmosphere of the national park much better than a place that had 40 pumps and was all lit up like Vegas. Again, everyone here was nice and helpful with directions to nearby sights.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures -- beautiful scenery!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Tim

See you soon - another adventure is just around the corner!

D

Anonymous said...

I see the moose in the lake. Reminds me of a picture we took of mamma grizzly and her two cubs at Glacier Nat'l Park summer of '05. The picture is of a mountain side at dusk, and only Tom & I know there are 3 grizzly bears in that picture:-)

Glad you are enjoying the small town mountain folk.

Nancy, Tom & Sun Dog

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures! I was the 2222nd viewer of your posts. Have a safe trip back home.